My first blog post! What to write about?
First, welcome to my new readers and hello to my long time Friends. My blog is still under construction. Building a blog requires a lot of learning. Please be patience with me while I figure out, how this whole blogging lifestyle works. I will share my learning experience as I go. Any tips or advice on how to build your own blog it would be very much appreciated.
To self- hosted your own blog, with some fancy theme cost money. If you are not ready to spend, be ready to settle with a lot of limitation because free blogging platform aren’t really free ( trust me, that how I started). Read this post, great tips on how to own your blog.
What I learned so far…
#1. Do your research.
I read and watch (on YouTube) other people’s experience on how to build and have a successful self-hosted blog. Based on the information that i received, these were the steps:
- Select a Platform
- Get a domain
- Hosting page
#2. Read other people’s review.
Read what people are saying about different blog/website platforms. If you are on budget ( like myself), read about the best place to get affordable domain, hosting page and theme. Once you gather all your information, make the decision that works best FOR YOU.
How i started my self-host page:
- I used WordPress as my platforms . Click here to know why.
- Godaddy.com for my domain name (Cost only $1.24, for one year ).
- Bluehost.com as my hosting page (Cost $5.95 US per month. paid $92.00 Canadian for one year). Click here to read the benefit of using Bluehost.
- I select WordPress free theme, for now. WordPress offers great and affordable theme as well, starting at $40.99 ( per year).
Little advice for new bloggers ( like myself).
You have to invest in your work, not just in terms of money but also your time, discipline, tolerance and patient. I am a firm believer in hard work never goes unnoticed. Success for me consist of :
- Becoming a student to your own work
- Invest in yourself
- Believe in what you put out
- Be your own #1 fans.
- Never stop getting God involved in your plans.