Disclosure: Although I was provided with a free trial kit, please know that I am not being compensated by Pure + Simple for this review. These are my honest opinions and my experience.
Fact: The skin is the largest organ of the body and absorbs almost everything we put on it. It naturally protects us from“microbes and the elements; helps regulate body temperature, and permits the sensations of touch, hot and cold”(source).
I believe by nourishing our skin with natural ingredients, not only do we help our skin to remain healthy, but, we prevent it from being damaged. This is the reason why I am always on the hunt for natural skin-care lines or regiments.
I originally heard about Pure + Simple from a You Tuber (Shameless Maya). After reading many positive reviews and speaking to people who use their brand on the regular, I had to try it for myself. What captured my attention about this line is the fact it is an “all-natural skincare + wellness spa for customers seeking products + services that are consistent with their healthy natural lifestyle” (#goals). In addition, this is a Canadian brand. They own five locations in Toronto and an online store. Their online website is very informative and well detailed. (Click here to learn more)
Back in April, I visited the Yorkville location (walking distance from my work). The place was wonderful and well organized. I also noticed the store carried other natural skin care brands. I was approached by one their lovely representative (Samantha). After sharing my skin concerns and the fact of my lifestyle blogging with her, I was provided with a kit and some extra goodies (product samples) to test out before purchasing full size (products samples are free).
I also received an awesome book: Pure + Simple: A Holistic Guide to Natural Beauty written by Kristen Ma (co-owner of Pure + Simple Inc).
The book says of itself that it is “natural and holistic guide to beauty which combines the ancient principles of Ayurveda with the modern-day knowledge of skin biology. With these tools, understand the root causes of common skin ailments and how to rebalance your body, mind and spirit for a flawless, glowing complexion. “- Click here to read more.
THE TRIAL KIT (20 ML PER PRODUCT)
The kits that I received was recommended for combination skin (my skin type)
- Pure+simple – Sensitive Cleansing Milk: An extremely gentle milk cleanser and makeup remover for sensitive + dry skin types.
- Pure+simple – Hydration Serum: A potent but gentle serum designed to hydrate and reduce skin sensitivity.
- Pure+simple – New Sensitive Skin Face Oil: A calming face oil designed for sensitive and/or inflamed skin, back and better than ever.
- Pure+simple – Skin Drink: An unscented, medium-weight lotion suitable for all skin types.
( I didn’t end up using all the samples, only those listed below)
- Pure+simple – Algae Serum: A light, water-rich serum that is high in vitamins + antioxidants
- PURE+SIMPLE – Skin Softening Moisture Lotion: A light yet hydrating lotion with skin regenerating properties.
- Pure+simple – Sensitive Skin Exfoliant + Face Mask : A gentle product for sensitive skin that exfoliates and hydrates in one.
- Damage Care – Restorative Raw Argan Oil: A light, replenishing oil with anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties
- Coola – Mineral Face SPF 20 – Rose Essence Tinted Moisturizer: Ideal for all sink types and tones, including those that are especially sensitive or oily.
This line overall is great (even my husband loves it).
- Sensitive Cleansing Milk: Love this! Leaves your skin clean, soft and moisturized.
- Pure+simple – Hydration Serum: Love it (my husband’s favorite and #2 on my favorites list)! Dries quickly and leaves your skin feeling really hydrated (the label didn’t lie).
- Pure+simple – New Sensitive Skin Face Oil: It was okay, I did not like the scent. It contains coconut oil and my skin does not like coconut oil. I use it only at night and after two uses it was clogging my pores.
- Pure+simple – Skin Drink: Feels heavy on my face. Would not recommend it if you have oily skin or wearing it during summer time.
- Pure+simple – Algae Serum: My new obsession (#1 on my favorites list). You can skip moisturizing after wearing this serum. It leaves your skin feeling very moisturized. Saw changed on my skin just after two uses.
- PURE+SIMPLE – Skin Softening Moisture Lotion: This one is great! The label did not lie. Very moisturizing, leaves your face feeling like a baby’s skin.
- Pure+simple – Sensitive Skin Exfoliant + Face Mask: A good mask, but, didn’t exfoliate my skin (I will stick to DYI brown sugar and honey scrub).
- Damage Care – Restorative Raw Argan Oil: Let’s just say, I almost cried when it was done. I love this! You notice changes the following day.
- Coola – Mineral Face SPF 20 – Rose Essence Tinted Moisturizer:
Brought this with me to Jamaica and I loved it. The first SPF that actually looks good on my complexion (careful, if you apply too much under your foundation it might make your skin look gray)
Pure + simple is currently my favorite, Natural skin care line. Yes, the price is a bit on the high end, but it is worth every penny. I noticed a huge change on my skin after one month of use. My skin looks and feels great. Definitely get some samples or speak to one of the representative before purchasing a full size.
WHAT I CURRENTLY OWN?
- Damage Care – Restorative Raw Argan Oil 100ml (multi purposes)
- Pure+simple – Algae Serum 110ml
- Pure+simple – Hydration Serum Travel size
- Pure+simple –
Cleansing Milk 200ml
- To try one their natural Facials
- To own more Pure + Simple products.